SCREEN-L Archives

October 1994

From:
Adrian Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Oct 1994 21:10:54 +1000
Apologies for being totally off subject but I feel uncomfortable about
letting it go uncommented, being symptomatic of the U.S.centric nature of
this list.

John Hoppe wrote (re: American films)
>Full Metal Jacket (yes, Kubrick is a Brit, but so what? Vietnam was an
> American War)

Well, quite a few Australians and I think New Zealander's fought and died
in this 'American' war, I believe the French might have a different view
and well, weren't there some Vietnamese in there somewhere too?

Adrian Miles