SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Gloria Monti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gloria Monti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 1994 09:19:44 -0400
> I don't think I could say much about his past work. However, I just recently
> saw Searching for Bobby Fisher and I thought it was delightful.

> So, I'd say that this film bodes well for Mr. Zaillian's future.

        Just seen?  The film premiered at the Venice Film festival last
year.  Mr. Zaillian was in the audience and Sidney Pollack--producer was
hanging at the bar of the Excelsior.  *Bobby Fisher* was received very
warmly and Zaillian was quite moved.  It was a nice diversion from the
mega stars who were stealing the show.  The Venice Film Festival is on as
we speak, though there's no coverage in the news.  Please, correct me if
I am wrong.  Nothing in the NYT last week, hopefully this week.  I think
this silence is abominable, especially when I think about all the press
that Cannes usually gets.

        Gloria Monti