SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 1994 11:41:40 EDT
Thanks to Tim Garrand for mentioning the interactive FILM/TV ANALYSIS.
My intention is much simpler.  I set up a private listserv list (whimsically
called SHOWBIZ) as a way of bringing my netjunkie habit into a class that I
thought I had left behind when I retired two years ago.

My class does not deal with the art of film but with the business that
makes the art possible: production, distribution, exhibition (theaters
and all the newer venues).

In any event I don't think that Temple has the capacity for using
computers in the way described.  We have a couple lab spaces with
about 75-100 computer stations which are always pretty busy.

When I last was attending faculty meetings on a regular basis
they seemed to be talking about installations for interactive teaching
I know nothing more about that initiative.  My guess is that
it is not going anywhere since Temple's current thrust is to build a
major league football team.

Cal Pryluck, Radio-Television-Film, Temple University, Philadelphia
<[log in to unmask]>  <[log in to unmask]>