SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 1994 10:00:56 CDT
On Wed, 28 Sep 1994 13:26:50 SAST-2 Gabeba BaderoonGabeba Baderoon said:
>I'm trying to draw up bibliographies for a course on postmodernist
>television, using semiotics, genre and cultural studies.  The texts
>in question are The Simpsons, Twin Peaks and Moonlighting.  Does
>anyone have any ideas?

The PoMo chapter in Robert Allen (ed), CHANNELS OF DISCOURSE, REASSEMBLED
provides a good overview of the topic and discusses TWIN PEAKS in
specific.  It's by Jim Collins.  (Chapel Hill/London:  Univ of North
Carolina Press, 1992)

          We live as we dream--alone.
                        --Joseph Conrad

| Jeremy Butler - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [log in to unmask] |
| SCREEN-L Coordinator                                                   |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |