SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Corey Creekmur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 1994 15:21:52 -0500
Well, if people are going to Mount Airy, NC to do the Mayberry tour, they
might as well keep heading east to the coast: Southport residents point out
the "Crimes of the Heart" house, various "Cape Fear" filming sites (both
versions), and ongoing "Matlock" locations.  (Of course this is all close
to a large studio facility where recent films like "The Hudsucker Proxy"
were filmed.)
Is a visit to the street outside the Biograph theatre in Chicago where
Dillinger was killed along these lines?  On a recent trip to London, I went
to see "Sirens" at a theatre where -- a plaque told me -- "Blackmail" was
first screened.  The granddaddy of such trips is surely Grauman's/Mann's
Chinese, where you have to fight your way into the actual theatre, given
its other, obvious function as a tourist site.