SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Emily Zants <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Emily Zants <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 15:56:38 -1000
I am always looking for more techniques to teach participatory film
viewing--as opposed to passive "entertain-me" viewing--for the next
edition of my book "Creative Encounters with French Films" (Lewiston,
N.Y.: Mellen Research Univ. Press, 1993) which already contains a lot of
exercises that get the student to use the techniques films use to
obtain active participation in the film's creation.  Does anyone else use
such an approach to teaching film? and what exercises do you do in and
out of class?