SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Adrian Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 08:23:28 +1000
>I'm looking for info on Australian films that were either made by women or
>had a feminist theme.  Any leads would be appreciated.
>
>Thank you
>Shannon

Don't know how much time you've got but an excellent place to contact is:
Research and Information Centre
Australian Film Institute
49 Eastern Road
SOUTH MELBOURNE, VIC  3205
Australia

You can fax them on +61 3 696-7972 and in any communications ask for Carol
Abbott.

I don't have the details to hand but they have published a small book on
Shame, a recent feminist feature (1988). There is also a Women in Film and
Television unit located, I think, at Film Victoria (a state funded film
body). Again unfortunately I don't have the address immediately to hand,
but let me know if you'd like it.

Adrian Miles

PhD student Monash University, Centre for Comparative Literature & Cultural
Studies.
Lecturer in Cinema Studies, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology