SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 1994 14:44:24 EDT
I was "amused" by J. Thomas' retort on the relation of all the facts to film
discussion. In my opinion it's the responsibility of the filmmaker to know
the facts. Film educates, corroborates and, at times, promotes behavior. In
my opinion, an uninformed filmmaker, for all his/her artistic flair, is
flawed.
It would be worth all the distress expressed in the recent discussion, if as
a result one of the participants or their students was to create a film that
brought attention to the subject of domestic abuse (and even better if it
helped to alleviate the problem.)
Sincerely,
Chad Dominicis, Miami, FL.