SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

From:
Beth Elise Stryker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 1994 20:08:54 -0400
CALL FOR FILM & VIDEO

By or about lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender Jews for inclusion in HAVA
NA-GAY-LA, a program in MIX NY, the 8th Annual Lesbian and Gay
Experimental Film Festival.  This program, the first of its kind in NYC,
will explore the vast range of queer Jewish experiences by providing
queer takes on Jewish identity and, likewise, Jewish takes on queer
identity.  After the NY screening, the program will travel on a 7 city
tour of Brazil as part of MIX BRASIL.

Don't worry if you consider your work not to be experimental; we define
"experimental" in the broadest sense possible.  While we prefer finished
tapes, we will gladly view any trailers, rough cuts, etc. so send us your
work!!!

Please send your work (preferably on VHS NTSC) by August 10 to:

Peter Sacks
c/o Department of Cinema Studies
New York University
721 Broadway, Room 600