SCREEN-L Archives

May 1994

From:
"John G. Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 1994 13:32:49 -0700
        Hey, great W.C. Fields quote in your signature box!  Of course,
Fields is a never ending source of good, but probably non-P.C. type of
quotes.  I suppose people were much more able to say what they thought back
then.   A teacher of mine in college was a good friend of Field's son.
They used to hang out in front of the Paramount gate and ask the stars
for autographs as they drove in.  Later, they'd sell them to tourists.
One day they went in to see Fields and get autographs from him.

        At Field's office, the secretary told Fields on an intercom that
his son was there to visit.  Fields told the secretary, "give them a
drink and tell them I'll be out in a minute."

        The secretary offered the teenage boys a scotch and the boys
said, "no thanks."
        The secretary called back on the intercom, "They said they didn't
want a drink, Mr. Fields."  Fields replied, "Doesn't want a drink huh?
Ain't no Son of mine."

-------->from John G. Thomas([log in to unmask])in Hollywierd,Calif.<---------