SCREEN-L Archives

May 1994

From:
Shawn Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 1994 13:44:12 -0700
On Fri, 6 May 1994, Mary C. Kalfatovic wrote:

> Sadly, I don't think WILD RIVER is
> on video and I have never seen it on TV since many of the color prints of
> the movie have faded to a purplish tone. WILD RIVER flopped in the U.S.
> largely because 20th Century-Fox did little to publicize it. I've read it
> was a hit in France, though.

I saw a bit of this film on TV within the last two months or so, either
on Encore, AMC or TNT. The color was wan but not totally off. So chin
up and keep reading the agate type in the back of your local Sunday TV
section! It shall return.

     Shawn Levy | "Arms and the man I sing, and sing for joy
[log in to unmask] | Who was last year all elbows and a boy."