SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 1994 23:21:07 -0500
Hello, I am an Audio Student ad Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pa
I would like to go in sound in Film.. and i am realizing that i did not
pick the best school for that purpose. I am now thinking about tranfering
to some other school. I am looking for a school that specializes in Sound for
Films... or in Films, and has a sound department... I would really like to
find a place where I can consentrate on Audio, and not have to worry about
taking core classes and all of that.

So.. i figured that the best place to ask for advice.. and a good school
would be on a film listsrv... So if anyone here has any place in mind,
or advice... please e-mail me directly at: [log in to unmask]
I am not subsribing to the list.. so please e mail me directly!

This is pretty important that i do find a good school.. my life kinda
depends on it.. do i do hope that someone out there in internet land can help.

If it helps.. here is what i know how to now.

We have a 24 track Otari studio.. with a series 34 sound workshop board..
And tons of effect processors... I know all the theory behind routing the board
and can go from Basic track up to the Mixdown stage.. and can do analoge
editing on a 1/2 track machine...

I hope someone can help....

        ---Dan Foley   ([log in to unmask])