SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

From:
Bruce Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 1994 11:06:57 -0500
Does anyone know of a list of or book about prison films? I'm particularly
interested in films where a person who has led a noncriminal life does
something that gets him or her locked up and that person then gets involved
in the prison world. That is, I'm not looking for a film in which Joe Goodguy
is inappropriately locked up and gets out and the prison scene is just
wallpaper, but rather films in which the moral action of the film shifts to
or is primarily grounded in the prison exeprience and context.

Bruce Jackson
Department of English, SUNY Buffalo