SCREEN-L Archives

January 1994

From:
Jacob Levich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jacob Levich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 1994 10:27:54 -0500
On Thu, 13 Jan 1994, Alison McKee wrote:

> Now, why would I want to perform the research footwork for someone who is so
> obviously ready to dismiss as "ludicrous" any evidence that contradicts his
> own point of view?  Mr. Levich can, if he likes, do his own search of
> *The L.A. Times* under the topic of the McMartin Preschool case.

Funny, I had always thought that the person making a controversial assertion
was the one required to supply evidence, not the audience to whom the
assertion is being made.

I guess they do things differently at UCLA.

I am fascinated, however, that Ms. McKee seems to think that her vague
recollection of some article in the LA Times better qualifies her to
pronounce on the McMartin case than a familiarity with the trial transcript.