SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Mark Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1993 14:13:46 EST
I now have some further information of the two 1920s stop-action animated
films we have recently acquired.  They were produced in 1928 by Kinex
Studios as part of a series marketed as Kodak Cinegraphs.  The films
CHIP IN THE LAND OF WHIZ and CHIP IN THE LAND OF WOODEN SOLDIERS appear
to be the first two in the Chip (the wooden man) series.

Kinex Studios were in operation from 1928 to 1931, at 7904 Santa Monica
Blvd, Hollywood.  The following seem to be the management -

  Rodney Gilliam - President
  Elmer H. Young - General manager
  Frank Young    - Technical manager
  Fred Bryan     - Art director

Does anyone have any further information about the films, the company,
or the people involved?
Does anyone know where the corporate archives of Kinex Studios have
gone?

Thanks.

Mark Ritchie                   | Tel: (519) 888-4070
Media Librarian                | Fax: (519) 888-6197
Audio-Visual Centre            |
University of Waterloo         | Internet: [log in to unmask]

"I was just out of college and still believed in
classifications and catagories" -  Jean Renoir