SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1993 10:47:43 -0500
the most recent silent film of which I know is the 1990 re-working
of CALIGARI, called THE CABINET OF DR. RAMIREZ.
It played on PBS earlier this year, but appeared from the credits
to have had a European theatrical release.
Mikhail   Barishnakov (sp?) portrays the Cesare character of the
somnambulist.  The whole thing is set in Lower Manhattan today,
in the world of yellow ties and suspenders, amid the drones who
run the stock market.  I have the information on it elsewhere,
and will post it all if anyone is interested.

        -- Derek Bouse
                        (Albion College, Michigan)