SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Rustin Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1993 18:27:41 CST
=======================================================FRI NOV 12, 1993 15.32.21
Friends,
The passion expressed over the past few days has both entertained and i
nfuriated me. Of course some silent films are brilliant, universal works
of art. . .but, to contend that there have been no significant
developments in the movies since Jolson opened his mouth reminds me of
those who contend that English language literature has not progressed
since Shakespeare (or whoever he/she was).
And, this was sent to me by a potter friend this morning, and I thought
I'd pass it along to you. He received it from CLAYART-L.