SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Kathleen Ely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1993 03:48:56 -0700
I'm not sure about CD Rom for these things, but I just wanted to say that
I always bought Maltin's until this year, when I found *Videohound's Golden
Retriever Guide*.  I like it much better because it is better organized, has
more foreign films listed, and indicates where each film is available on
video.

I don't think I've introduced myself....I'm teaching five sections of English
at two small colleges in Montana.  One of the schools is my alma mater, where
I ran a foreign film series in 1990--I'm helping students out with one this
semester, as well.  I worked for seven years at a small art film house in
Missoula, Montana, the Crystal Theatre (which now has a really fine video
catalog, available by mail); we also helped with film tributes at the Seattle
and Portland film festivals.  I also used to attend the film festivals at
Telluride and San Francisco.  My great-grandmother and my grandmother played
the piano at theatres in Wyoming during the silent era.

I LOVE the movies!

Kathleen