SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Julie Friedline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1993 11:37:42 -0600
Re: Bert Deivert's request for Citizen Kane references -- Although this
isn't a reference made in another film, I thought you might be interested.
In this week's -Advertising Age- (November 8), Bob Garfield, in his
"AdReview" column (p.58), reviews a new tv ad, which he describes as a
"dead-on parody" of -Citizen Kane-. The ad is an elaborate corporate image
effort for Hanson (investments, etc, I assume). It's 75 seconds (loooong
for a tv ad!) and is slated to run in news and public affairs programs. I
haven't seen it, but am intrigued enough to look for it. If anyone catches
it, I'd appreciate hearing where and when. I'm going to try the Sunday
morning talk/business affairs programs first.

Julie Friedline
Media Studies
U of Iowa