SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Melissa Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1993 17:16:15 EST
Gloria,

I think that you are the one who needs to review a little film history.
Godard?  If you want to just concentrate on the French I suggest that
you spend some time looking at:

Rene Clair's  _Entr'acte_  or maybe the
Dali- Bunuel _Un Chien Andalou_  I'm sure that you MUST have seen that...
it is on the list of every beginning film class's "to view"
Then there's one of my favs: _Ballet Mecanique_ (Leger)

The "New Wave" filmmakers did not do any thing new in packing their movies
with historical notes.  Nor were they unusual in changing and twisting
"established" film ideas to fit their own sense of artistry.

I suggest the you do a little more viewing and less flaming.

Melissa Price