SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Anil Srivatsa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1993 15:24:44 -0500
I second that . Thopugh I am no authority on film evolution, I do feel
that with the advances made in Audio techiniques the silent film has a
larger audience and a more receptive one. If the objective is one world in
the future then silent films are a good start in communicating lifestyles
and cultural differences.
I recomend this movie called "PUSHPAK", a silent film made in India a few
years ago which is a very refreshing change from the normal fare dished
out by the film industry. A humorous film that depicta a normal life of a
Indian male who is prospectingemployment and comes by an opportunity to
lead a affluent life by a stroke of luck (which ultimately runs out on him)
I guess a large Indian Grocery store will have this movie(by Indian I mean
Asian Indian)