SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Robert Hazan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1993 10:01:35 EST
I remember a made for TV movie about Wilma Rudolph (a 60's US
Olympian runner who overcame cerebal palsey (I think) to win a
gold) called Wilma. I reember the movie as being quite good, but
I saw it a long time ago.

Along the lines of Quarterback Princess, there was a recent news
story about a high school girl who was her boys football team
place kicker and won the Homecoming Queen vote. I can picture it
in a future sweeps made for TV movie- "She Kicks field goals and
breaks hearts, Queen Kicker..."  So you may want to keep alert
for that. Well, maybe not.

Also,  a reference was made  to Bud Greenspan's Olympic movies.
Does anyone know if these are commercially available? I don't
remember having seen them in video stores.

Robert Hazan
Washington, DC