SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1993 21:59:45 CST
(See note about FTP access at the bottom of this posting.)

Okay, okay, so it's not exactly *television*, but it is broadcasting...

Just added to SCREEN-L FILELIST:

A listing of radio programs devoted to folk/acoustic music--in two parts:

FILE NAME AND TYPE:  FOLKRAD1 TXT and FOLKRAD2 TXT

WARNING:  Each of these files is about 550 lines long.

SCREEN-L FILELIST is an archive of text files related to film and TV.
E-mail users may retrieve these files through normal e-mail channels
without using File Transfer Protocol (FTP).  To nab a file, send mail to
[log in to unmask] (Internet) and put the following command in
the very first line of the message:

GET <filename> <filetype>

Replace "<filename> <filetype>" with the name and type of the file you
want.  In one example above, the name is FOLKRAD1 and the type is TXT.
So, the command would be:

GET FOLKRAD1 TXT

Note:  there is no period between the filename and filetype as there is in
MS or PC DOS.

When listserv receives that command it will send the file to your
regular mail address.

There are a few other files on SCREEN-L FILELIST as well as files containing
ALL of the messages ever posted on SCREEN-L.  Here's a quick list of
the current holdings.  If you have a file pertaining to film/TV studies
that you'd like to make available via SCREEN-L FILELIST, contact
Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]) for more information.

Film/TV submissions are welcome!

*  SCREEN-L FILELIST for LISTSERV@UA1VM or [log in to unmask] (Internet):
*
  NAME     TYPE    DESCRIPTION

  PROV1    ASC     PROVINCIAL NOTES, #1, commentary on pop cult
  PROV2    ASC     PROVINCIAL NOTES, #2
  FILM90   DAT     1990 Film Database--credits for 1990 releases
  FILM91   DAT     1991 Film Database
  PREV9206 ASC     PREVIEWS...., a magazine of film info, June 1992
  GAYLES   ASC     List of gay/lesbian/bi documentaries (U.S.)
  PREV9207 ASC     PREVIEWS...., July 1992
  PREV9209 ASC     PREVIEWS...., September 1992
  PREV9304 ASC     PREVIEWS...., April 1993
  SCSJOB   ASC     Job listing, from Society for Cinema Studies
  PRYLUCK  UFVA    Documentary panel outline, UFVA Conf., C. Pryluck
  BUTLER   ASC     Jeremy Butler on DESIGNING WOMEN (SCS paper)
  SCSGRAD  ASC     Graduate student list, Society for Cinema Studies
  CYBER    SYL     Cyberpunk syllabus, by Russell Potter, Colby College
  VIDLIST  ASC     Mail order videocassette sources
  SCIENCE  ASC     List of scientists in film
  FOLKRAD1 TXT     Folk/acoustic radio shows (550 lines long)
  FOLKRAD2 TXT     Folk/acoustic radio shows (550 lines long)

 FTP Access:

 FOLKRAD.TXT is available for anonymous FTP.  (The other files are not.)
 FTP to seebeck.ua.edu and log in as tcf_net/anonymous.  FOLKRAD.TXT is
 in the pub directory and it combines FOLKRAD1 TXT and FOLKRAD2 TXT.

          Diversity of opinion within the framework of loyalty to
          our free society is not only basic to a university but
          to the entire nation.
                                     --James Bryant Conant

| Jeremy G. Butler - - - - - - - - - - | Internet : [log in to unmask] |
| SCREEN-L Coordinator                 | BITNET   :        JBUTLER@UA1VM |
| Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |