SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

From:
Ron Large <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1993 14:51:00 PDT
I am teaching a course on the vietnam war and one of the issues is how, if
at all, Vietnam differed from other wars. I seem to recall a famous director,
John Huston maybe, doing some documentaries on the effects of combat on WWII
soldiers, what we today would call PTSD. The films were so troubling that
they were classified and only declassified 10-15 years ago. Does anyone
know of these or similar documentaries and if they are available on video?
You can post to the list or send suggestions to me by e-mail at
Thanks for the help.
Ron Large