SCREEN-L Archives

November 1993

Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1993 09:09:56 -0500
For Stephen Hart:

The theme music for Tribeca is a piece titled "Keep It Goin'", by Chris
Cuben-Tatum and Me Phi Me, performed by Me Phi Me. Credits indicated that
the piece "samples" "The Payback," by James Brown, Fred Wesley and John
Starks.

As far as I know, Tribeca was cancelled.  It ended abruptly, after a half dozen
episodes or so, with the one starring Richard Lewis--which I missed. I myself
found the series interesting, if not always outstanding--and absolutely dis-
tinctive for attempting to bring a real short story sensibility to TV dramatics
(even if it may be pre-modernist by and large). I don't think (though my memory
is weak here) that even the anthology series during the "golden age of TV"
went quite as far, even when you discount their dated aspects.

Jeff Clark
James Madison Univ.