SCREEN-L Archives

September 1993

From:
Mary Jane Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1993 16:18:33 -0400
Just another point of view. WE didn't see the opening two hour special but
did tune in tothe first regualr episode. I thought the writing was full of
cliches, the Doctor's perpetual rage was overdone and very tedious for the
fine actor stuck with the lines and  the sets were visually very confusing
- far too 'busy' - too many lines, colours  and textures. AS an
action/adventure series it was all cirsis and no characterisation. I was
quite disappointed as was my  husband who enjoys techno-thrillers .
Mary Jane Miller

Mary Jane Miller,
Dept. of Film Studies, Dramatic and Visual Arts,
Brock University,
St. Catharines, Ontario,
Canada, L2S 3A1.

Phon;e (416) 688 5550 ext 3584, Fax: (416) 682 9020,
 e-mail: [log in to unmask]