SCREEN-L Archives

September 1993

From:
"Brian H. Sealy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1993 18:13:18 EDT
Hi.  I deleted the previous list discussion of MANUFACTURING CONSENT,
so perhaps this has been discussed; if so, my apologies for not reading
those messages first.  But now I've had a chance to see the film, and
I wonder whether I saw a peculiar print.  The sound and image were often
out of sync--I wouldn't exactly say especially when Chomsky was talking--
but I do wonder whether this was deliberate.
  The soundtrack music for ORLANDO was so pleasing to me that I'm
wondering if it's available on CD?  I know, I should ask my local store.
  But maybe I can legitimate my request by also wondering whether anyone
would care to explain the financing organization behind ORLANDO--the
European Community's media arm?
Thanks.