SCREEN-L Archives

August 1993

Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1993 12:35:43 EST
Many people working with video, particularily with single camera production, ie
. ENG/EFP began as filmmakers. I for one worked with both formats and still
  prefer to work with film. The language reflects concepts that were for the
  most part developed in film. It might be argued that the differences in the
  formats is less and less all the time. We often shoot on film, transfer to
  tape and edit electronicaly; we might shoot on tape and transfer to film etc.
  I find that film has a definite advantage as an originating format, but this
  will change in time. We are making images with sound and in the long run the
  format will not matter. The production process is much the same, more depend-
  ant on budget, than format.

                        Garrick