SCREEN-L Archives

July 1993

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1993 23:11:54 CDT
 This comes from someone not subscribed to SCREEN-L.  If you have
 queries regarding it, e-mail him directly.

 Dear friends:

 We hereby present you the 46th issue of Chasqui, the Latin
 American Journal on Communciation, published by the
 International Center on Communication Studies for Latin
 America, CIESPAL.

 Contributors from Latin America, Europe, Canada and the
 United States publish articles in Chasqui on topics as New
 Information Technologies, Communication Policies,
 journalism, communication and development, alternative
 media, press freedom, perspectives of video and communitiy
 radios, scientific journalism, communication and
 integration, situation of Faculties of Communication
 Sciences and exclusive interviews with personalities of
 the field of arts, culture and communication.

 Chasqui 46 includes the following topics:

 1. Production and distribution of educative video and
 video for development in Latin America - articles on
 Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Brazil and Spain.

 2. Telenovelas (Latin American soup operas): The evolution
 and perspectives of Latin American Telenovela as industry
 and cultural expression; The use of Telenovelas for
 education and development; The semiology of gestures in
 Telenovelas.

 3. Interview with the peruvian cartoonist Juan Acevedo and
 the spanish actor Jos  Sacrist n.

 4. Ecocrisis and scientific journalism: Articles on Brazil
 and Venezuela - the situation of scientific journalism in
 Europe - communication and environment.

 5. From the megaphone to the telematical highway:
 Alternative and popular communication in Latin America,
 current situation and perspectives facing the
 technological and telematical revolution.

 6. Industries, entrepreneurs and telematics. The
 contribution of the private transnational sector in
 introducing innovations in telecommunications.

 Also, the 46th Chasqui issue includes topics on
 communication and development, activities of CIESPAL and
 UNICEF and reviews of books and journals.

 The prices for subscription of Chasqui are as follows:
 4 issues  Latin America  USA, Europe
 per year
 1 year    US$20          US$40
 2 years   US$36          US$72
 3 years   US$48          US$96
 Prices include postage. Chasqui is not available on
 e-mail.

 Please send your cashiers check issued by a US bank made
 out to CIESPAL-Chasqui, to our postal address: Apartado
 17-01-584, Quito, Ecuador. You may also transfer funds
 directly to our account at City Bank 013999023 Quito,
 Ecuador.

 Please feel free to contact us for more information about
 Chasqui issues and subscription: E-mail (Internet)

 We are interested in establishing communication with
 colleagues working on media and communcation in Latin
 America. Please contact us by e-mail (Internet)
 [log in to unmask] or by our postal address.

 We look forward to hearing from you.

 Yours sincerely,

 Gino Lofredo
 Editor