SCREEN-L Archives

May 1993

From:
nodakoda slim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1993 08:58:46 CDT
On Thu, 13 May 1993 09:35:19 EST C.J. said:
>Three which come to mind:  It Happened One Night, Smokey and the Bandit,
>and a late 60's, early 70's film called, I believe, Vanishing Point.  I very
>vaguely remember this film:  a guy (Barry ??? was the actor who later starred
>as a lawyer in a t.v. series of the same name I think). So anyway this guy
>is delivering a (hot?) car from one point to another and has a very limited
>amount of time in which to do it so pumps caffeine and uppers into himself
>to stay awake and has weird adventures along the way (including one with snakes
>which took me years to forget), and it has a rather startling ending I (again)
>vaguely remember.  I believe I liked it except for the snake scene, but I was
>mostly a kid then so what did I know?  If you find the film, let me know who
>the actor is/was -- it's going to drive me crazy for days.  - C.J., O+
we're talkin' barry newman (i hope) here, who later starred in a tv show
called "petrocelli."  vanishing point also starred cleavon little as a
blind d.j. who was the lead's only contact with the outside world.  geez
louise, it's been quite a while since i saw that movie, and here at
nodakoda state, i lack the reference books i had at so. meth. u. to confirm
my memory.  i'm sure, tho', that myriads of screen-ellers will be phoning in
shortly.

larry schwartz, humanities librarian
north dakota state u
fargo, nd
(so, anyway, how many hours does spring last up here?)