SCREEN-L Archives

May 1993

From:
Carol Slingo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1993 10:41:38 -0500
Two fairly obscure but interesting uses of video in film that I thought of

1.  REMOTE CONTROL, B-movie that floats around cable stations, involves a
killer video, kids rent it and and are hypnotized (I vaguely remember) into
doing evil deeds.

2.  LIQUID DREAMS--designer drug company markets its product by drugging
beautiful women and making promo videos showing their ecstasy (and other
strong emotions).  The women all live in company dormitories and are forced
to have these videos on all the time (the protagonist covers hers over).