SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
Jason Longo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1993 13:15:14 -0400
Has anyone seen "The Panama Deception" which won the best documentary award
at the academy awards this year.  I saw it just recently and could not believe
that a film so far on the left and so politically charged could win praise
from the academy.  Unfortunately, PBS has refused to show the doc so its
audiences will remain quite limited.  However, I heard that video copies are
only $15 (and that is a legal copy!).  I'm interested to hear what other
people thought of this film.  Also, if anyone is interested in getting a
video copy, let me know and I'll send you the information on how to get one.
Jason Longo
Ithaca College