SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1993 21:24:46 CST
    I just stumbled across a possible solution for Henry's (and others')
    problem with senders' addresses not being included in his mail system's
    headers.

    Apparently, the newest version of SCREEN-L's software (LISTSERV)
    provides for just such a problem.  If you want, it will provide "dual
    headers" (sounds like something on a hotrod, doesn't it?):

    "DUALHDR (minimum abbreviation: DUAL). Dual headers are regular
    short (SHORTBSMTP) headers followed by a second header  inside
    the message body. This second header shows what  list the message
    is coming from  ('Sender:'), the name and  address  of the
    person  who  posted  it ('Poster:'),  the  poster's organization,
    if present, and the message  subject. The date is not shown
    because even the  most primitive mail programs appear to  supply
    a usable message date."

    To have your account use dual headers, send the following command to
    [log in to unmask] or LISTSERV@UA1VM, but >not< to SCREEN-L:

    SET SCREEN-L DUAL

    To turn off dual headers, send this command:

    SET SCREEN-L SHORTHDR

    I think.  I'm not so sure about this...

    So test it out, folks.  Let me know how it works.  I've just set my
    subscription to dual headers just to see what it looks like.

 | Jeremy Butler                                                          |
 | SCREEN-L Coordinator                     [log in to unmask] |
 | Telecommunication & Film Dept * The University of Alabama * Tuscaloosa |