SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
Richard Pickard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1993 15:30:14 PST
Thank you for the touch of sanity, Cal!  If you watch TV, you'll get
more of the sam, whatever you think you'll be seeing -- women's night
at the film wasn't likely to be any more enlightened than ladies night
at a strip bar.  Superficial, like a velvet hammer.
I especially liked/hated the defence of *Unforgiven* and women, which said
something about the plot depending on women to begin it.  I haven't seen
it, but I have seen the trailer about the woman getting sliced up very badly,
and assumed that to be the beginning of the plot.
If I'm wrong, PLEASE misinform me!

Yours in revulsion (in spite of Oscar's alleged good intentions),
Richard Pickard, U of Victoria, BC, Canada