SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1993 15:58:26 -0700
Earlier this week, the series "Picket Fences", CBS Thursdays, was mentioned
several times as one of the better shows that was worth watching.
Did anyone catch last night's episode?  I had some mixed feelings on the
way they presented the subject matter.   This show is supposed to be known
for it's liberal point of views, however, when dealing with the subject
of lesbianism, in the end concluded with, what seemed to me, a very
conservative attitude of "It was just confused emotions" and that
totally minimized the whole thing.

Anyone else have comments/criticisms on this that saw last night's episode?

Nancy Whalen
Media Studies
Univ. San Francisco