SCREEN-L Archives

March 1993

From:
Amanda G Aaron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1993 01:33:06 EST
I'm a new subscriber and have been following the major strains of
discussion, but I want to throw out an irrelevant question.  Just saw A
League of Their Own for the second time and got into a discussion with
friends about the relationship between the historical reality of the
female baseball teams and Marshall's Hollywoodization of it;  but I
don't know enough about the actual facts of the history.  Does anyone
know the specifics of the history?  How true were the characters to the
real people (obviously Madonna, Jon Lovitz, Tom Hanks were primarily
themselves, but what about the sisters?  How much of their
relationship/conflict was real, etc?

Anything you know would be interesting...

Amanda