SCREEN-L Archives

March 1993

Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1993 13:15:26 -0500
I don't understand what you mean when you say a "CEO ... should not be
responsibel for the effects on the people who work for it."  I think
you fail to see the point of the film.    The ultimate responsibilty
of the corporation is to its workers.  When a multinational corporation
grows so large that it can no longer fulfill the resoponsibility it
has to the workers and towns who have devoted their lives to it, then
it should be criticized.
Moore was not trying to place all of the blame on Roger Smith.  Smith
only represented the patriarchal system of corporate management which
is capable of destroying its worker's lives and security.