SCREEN-L Archives

February 1993

Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1993 12:47:55 -0500
I think I agree with Mark Bunster in that I don't think Moore's "Roger
& Me" is parried simply by calling it "ambush journalism." He was getting
at a real problem, which is corporate insensitivity. Someone said he "set
up" (exploited) the rabbit lady. Well, maybe. But wasn't he trying to show
what desperate means people had been driven to in order to make a living?
I mean, she was trying to make a few bucks on the side to buy groceries
with. Meanwhile, Roger Smith was hanging out at the Athletic Club. If
that's ambush journalism, I think I may like ambush journalism. People
need to be made aware that others are suffering. Ernie.