SCREEN-L Archives

February 1993

Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1993 15:58:50 -0500
Jon, I just reread your message of Feb. 21 concerning "St. Paul Homeless...,"
your video project, and I was reminded that one of my favorite documentaries
is Michael Moore's "Roger and Me." He certainly got himself involved in a
big way, and I don't think it detracted from the film. In fact, I think it
may have helped. I liked the guy, and could sympathize with his futile
efforts to confront Roger Smith, the General Motors bigwig. I don't think
you should resist the temptation to get personally involved in your video
project, just don't "advertise" it as objective. Ernie.