SCREEN-L Archives

February 1993

From:
Currie Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1993 09:22:45 -0500
  Anybody out there have a good bibliography on the western, similar to the
film noir bilbiography someone shared with us a few weeks ago? If so, I'd
appreciate your sharing it to save me the trouble of putting together my own
from scratch. What I am interested in is the ability of certain westerns
to transcend the usual limitations of the genre and touch on some serious
issues--would like to apply conclusions U.S. researchers have reached
to a couple of Argentine westerns from 1944 and 1992. Thanks to anyone
who can help.
Currie Thompson