SCREEN-L Archives

December 1992

From:
"Matt McAllister" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1992 09:26:26 EST
Here are a few movies about movies that I can think of (sorry
the info. is not more complete):

S.O.B. (Blake Edwards)
The Player
Barton Fink
Singin' in the Rain (1952)
Holiday Inn (the last few scenes, anyway; 1942)
Hearts of Darkness (may not work, because its a documentary)
Silent Movie (Mel Brooks, 1976)
The Buster Keaton Story (this may not be the exact title; the
    one with Donald O'Connor)
Man with a Thousand Faces
Gable and Lombard
The Last Tycoon (1976)
Peeping Tom (cringe)

Also, there are a few movies that I don't quite have a clear
memory of (like the title): one with Steven Boyd about the
Oscars; one fairly recent one with Kevin Bacon (may have been
a direct-to-video release about Hollywood); and one from
the sixties where George Peppard plays a pseudo-Howard
Hughes type.

Hope this helps.

Matt McAllister, Virginia Tech.