SCREEN-L Archives

December 1992

From:
Melinda M Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1992 21:03:56 EST
> I'd like to compile a list of movies about movies. The rules are that
> the lead character(s) have to be directly involved in making movies, and
> we need to see some aspect of the film making process (or "cinematic
> apparatus" for the jargonauts)  on the screen. No prizes, but lots of
> gratitude, and recognition among the SCREEN-L tribe.

The first one to mind is SINGIN' IN THE RAIN.  Also A STAR IS BORN, WHO
FRAMED ROGER RABBIT...I'm sure I'll think of more an hour from now...

My sister suggests THE WIZARD OF SPEED AND TIME, a sort of fictionalized
account of the making of a short film of the same name (which she says is
actually better than the movie itself).

If I think of more, I'll post.  I'd be interested in what you come up with.

Melinda Hale
Boston