SCREEN-L Archives

November 1992

Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1992 16:53:47 EST
Due to a typo, some crucial information was left off the following notice
when it was published in the SCS job list. I had promised Vance Kepley
that I would post a revised version here:

TELEVISION STUDIES: The Department of Communication Arts at the University
of Wisconsin-Madison anticipates an opening at the tenure track, assistant
professor level in Television Studies to begin Fall 1993. We invite applications
 from scholars with expertise in any one of the following areas of television
studies: history, industry studies, policy and regulation, audiences,
 international and intercultural studies, media and cultural theory. Candidates
 should be able to teach undergraduate courses in one or more of these areas and
 a graduate seminar in their research specialization. A broad range of
 methodological
perspectives, including feminist, racial and ethnic, will be welcomed.
 Candidates with critical/cultural, historical or quantitative scholarly
 backgrounds are
welcome to apply. Ph.D required. Deadline is January 15 1993. Send inquiries and
 applications (including vita, three letters of recommendation, and examples
of scholarly work) to Professor Vance Kepley, Department of Communications Arts,
 University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706-6110. Unless confidentiality is
requested in writing, information regarding the applicants must be released
upon request. Finalists cannot be quaranteed confidentiality.