SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

From:
"(David A. Roth)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(David A. Roth)
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1992 15:11:27 EST
In Regards to your letter <[log in to unmask]>:

>                   I N T E R O F F I C E   M E M O R A N D U M
>
>                                         Date:     21-Oct-1992 01:23pm DST
>                                         From:     Corinne H. Smith
>                                                   CHSMITH
>                                         Dept:     Audio Visual Services
>                                         Tel No:   (814) 863-3104
>
> TO:  Remote Network Mail User             ( _IN%SCREEN-L@UA1VM )
>

> Subject: Northern Exposure
>
> Ok, OK, enough politics.  How many of you out there thought
> this past Monday's _Northern Exposure_ was exceptionally good?
> Count at least three votes from me and my co-workers!
> And, was that *really* Bob Seger at The Last Supper Club?
> No one here in the office paid attention to the credits to
> see if it was really him.
>
> Corinne
> Penn State

Well...since someone asked. :-)

I thought the way he was carting around a dead friend was gross. I
didn't find it humorous nor did it make me fall into the trap of trying
to find some "deep"  meaning into the motives of Chris.  Speaking
of Chris I have grown sick of his character and I think he is over
used.  All I can say...is if there were a radio DJ in our area that
was like Chris he would have a high degree of tune-out from me.

Perhaps in the start of the series what he had to say and do was a
good contrast but it is to single character focus.  I get the feeling
that the writers expect us to automaticly find some insightful deep
meaning into anything that comes out of his mouth.  Just like the
comic that expects us to laugh just cause he said chicken livers.

I have only seen one of Going To Extremes(?) but it looked like such
a clone of NE that right away I was saying "oh...this guy must be
like Joel...this one like...".  Even the actors look very much like
some of those on NE.

I guess when a network has a success theyn follow the follower.

David