SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1992 12:56:04 EDT
I'm sorry, but I see you doing right now exactly what George Bush and the
rest of the Republican party have been doing for years.  They screwed up, and
did something un-ethical.  Whether it is ethical or not, it is misleading to ]
\the people.  and don't we want a President who is going to lead us?  We don't
want a guy who is going to mislead us.  You have given me analogies which are
obscure and obselete.  WWe aren't talking about good comments, we are talking
negativity.  The American people(and I'll speak for most, since most feel the
way I do on it) are tired of the negativity.  We are tired of the garbage
politics.  We don't want to hear, "Well he hasn't done this, or he did that."
We want to hear, "This is what I am going to do for you."  We aren't dumb.
We don't need anyone to tell us who to trust.  We make that decision on our
own.  Well...I've gone off on a tangent. Back to the issue at hand...
    I would be very happy if the Bush campaign, who have for years fought
against dirty campaigning, would remove the ad so we can play fair again.
Remember 4 years ago, when the Willie Horton ad came out?  Aanything look
familiar???
Think about it.

Dan O'Neil
ONEIDB@OrEeKYPr