SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 1992 19:56:50 EST
Does anyone remember a TV series from the early 80's about these four people
who were on a quest of some sort? I know this is vague but I will tell you
what I know of the series because this particular series has been on my mind
as of late and I can't remember the name of it. It didn't stay on for long
and one of the cast members, an up and coming young African American comedian,
was killed by police officers who beat him with nightsticks when responding
to a distrubance call at his home in California. I seem to remember that
the cast consisted of this actor, an older male actor, a woman actor and a
young male actor. One of their adventures took them to Italy during the
bike races and one of my favorite scenes was the scene were the comedian kept
trying to get off of his bike to rest but the tradition in Italy was for the
citizens to put the rider back on the back and push him back on his way!!

Does anyone else remember this show? Or the African American actors name?

                                  Ramona Richardson