SCREEN-L Archives

September 1992

From:
Sandra Ballasch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Ballasch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1992 08:44:00 CDT
I'm still thinking up an exact question or statement for discussion
but the mention of Star Trek fan literature brings up Blake's Seven
fandom.  I have a huge collection of Blake's Seven fanzines,partly
because I love the show and partly because they fascinate me as
a genre.  Part of my fascination comes from the fact that this
fandom is almost all word of mouth and second hand here in the
United States.  The show was never shown on network tv (it is
British) and has only been shown on scattered public tv stations and
thus has never had the wide spread easy availibility that Star Trek,
for example, has had.  When you get fanzine lists from dealers, the
most popular shows are Star Trek (all series and movies), Blake's
Seven, and then far behind Beauty and the Beast, Robin of Sherwood
and Quantum Leap.
Sandra Ballasch [log in to unmask] or cadsants@uiamvs