SCREEN-L Archives

May 1992

Date:
Wed, 20 May 1992 11:24:23 -0500
Gabi Kreutzner writes:

> I hope this goes to Screen-L. Well, one more word (or two) to
> Marlene's funeral and Soeren's view that what happened wasn't
> "too serious" after all.

Gabi, thank you for your opinion on this (honestly).
The "...it wasn't too serious" refered to a quoted comment from
Christan Taube.

> Of course, it depends on one's concept of what's serious.
> For me it is "serious" business that a public figure like
> Marlene Dietrich is re-inscribed into these nationalistic
> sentiments that we (? at least I) thought were something
> of the past or, better, were finally closed by the 1960ies
> at the latest. I take all of this as "signs of the time",
> so to speak. I agree with Cal Pryluck that the similarities

Agreed. It's serious. Where do you live? Unfortunately, I have not
read too much about Marlene Dietrich and her life in respect to
all you mention in your letter. Nazi propaganda at the funeral site
in Berlin-Schoeneberg in 1992 makes me very sad.

Soeren Detering					[log in to unmask]
Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany