SCREEN-L Archives

April 1992

From:
Steve Portigal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1992 15:56:45 -0400
It takes place today, but it's about people (like me) who've grown up
in the 70s and to whom Bohemian Rhapsody remains a perennial
classic.

>>an you take a loved
one to see it without her getting highly offended and making your life a living
Hell for the next few months??

That would depend on your defintion of innuendo.  I personally don't find
anything (well .01%) offensive on SNL, and I didn't find this movie
offensive at all.  It was absolutely hilarious.  However, if someone I
took a movie too didn't like it and would then make my
life hell for months, I probably wouldn't take them to too many movies
anyway (well at least after the first time they made my life hell for
taking them to a movie).

No nudity, I can't think of any outright swearing, though words like
sphincter and dick are used...I can't believe I'm going to enumerate the
possible offenses in this movie.

Conclusion: go see it, it's hilarious.  If you don't laugh you're too young,
too old or you need to have humour surgically implanted...

My opinion only.
Steve