SCREEN-L Archives

April 1992

Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1992 12:32:42 PDT
M. Nawal Lutfiyya writes:

> Assistant Professor
> PHONE: 588-6976
>    Re: Quantuum Leap Responses
>
>            Could it simply be that there aren't too many viewers of the
> program on the nets? I have been actively involved in an ongoing research
> project regarding the Beauty and the Beast fan community. I have used a survey
> which I sent to 300 self identified viewers of the program. I complied a list
> of self identifiers from the Letters of Comment in fanzines and other fan
> publications. My return rate was 95%. If you really are interested in a high
> response rate you need to contact an actually engaged viewership rather that
> just computer networ users on the assumption that there is an overlap.---Just
> my opinion.

Very good point, the are few LOC's available, as of yet, but I'm
working on locating them as fast as possible, I'm partially against
the wall since I need to hand some preliminary work in by the end of
the quarter.

BTW I've noticed something with QL crossover stories and with fans
of both Beauty and Beast and QL, there is a very high tendency to
fix the episode where Katherine dies, (do I have that right?) and to
ignore last season by suggesting that Sam of QL leaps in and makes
things right. Have you noticed this?

andrea
Andrea MacDonald
[log in to unmask] (Internet)